Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fibromyalgia

What is Fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.

I've never been officially diagnosed with it but I am fairly certain that I have it. I spend more days in pain than not. However, in order to be diagnosed with Fibro, I will definitely have to find a new doctor. My doctor, or shall I say former doctor, has no clue what he is doing. Why, you ask?

Rewind to January 2012. I had a very severe sinus infection. I spend a ton of money on doctor's visits, a steroid shot, rescue inhaler and three rounds of antibiotics before he finally told me that I should see an ENT or  Immunologist. I opted for the immunologist. I was tested for allergies and told that I have RAD (reactive airway disease) and am highly allergic to pollens (grass, trees, weeds). I was finally given the right  antibiotic (by the Immunologist) to get rid of the severe sinus infection.  

So, I'm pretty sure he'd look at me like I'm crazy if I went to talk to him about Fibromyalgia symptoms. Time to find a new doctor.  This has been going on for years and is progressively getting worse. I am ready to finally wake up feeling good instead of feeling like I've been ran over by a MAC truck every single day.  

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. New Follower! Looking forward to reading more.
    Hope you will follow back!
    Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Time to find a new doctor! I'm glad that you were FINALLY given the right antibiotic for your sinus infection! I hate it when doctor's don't do their jobs well, our lives are LITERALLY in their hands.

    Hope your holiday weekend is going great! :)

    xo -S

    ReplyDelete