Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Extreme Couponing

While Extreme Couponing on TLC does have a few useful couponing tips during their episodes, the show is VERY unrealistic.  I despise the fact that the show is giving couponers such a bad reputation.

When I decided to start selling Pampered Chef I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate couponing into the cooking shows that I do. How? Cook my recipe using Pampered Chef products while providing a coupon (or a few) for the ingredients used in the recipe. This would show the party guests that delicious meals don't have to be expensive.

I posted this idea on a forum and a charter member replied with, "Keep it simple - "Saving money with mealtime solutions for around $2 a serving" is different from the whole arena of Money Saving. Keep it focused around Pampered Chef, don't go over to the extreme couponing end of things."

My response? "I am not an extreme couponer. I use coupons to save money on my grocery items. I didn't plan on focusing on coupons. I will have a coupon on hand (to give each guest) for an ingredient used in the recipe that I make. Letting them know that the meals made can not only taste delicious but they can be inexpensive to make."

Others have condescendingly responded with their money saving tips for PC products. I thanked them. Needless to say, I won't be spending much time on this particular forum.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment